International Erasmus+ project BLUEWBC Sustainable development of BLUE economies through higher education and innovation in Western Balkan Countries kick off meeting in Aalesund, Norway (18-19 February 2020)
For two days, ten partners from Europe have been gathered to start the Erasmus+ project - BLUEWBC at NTNU Campus Aalesund. The project partners come from Albania, Montenegro, Croatia, Lithuania and Norway:
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) (Norway)
- University of Montenegro, (UoM) (Montenegro)
- University of Vlore (UV) (Albania)
- University of Tirana (UoT) (Albania)
- University of Split (UNIST) (Croatia)
- Vilnius Gedimino Technical University (VGTU), (Lithuania)
- NTNU Ocean Training (NTNU-OT) (Norway)
- Chamber of Economy Montenegro (CEM) (Montenegro)
- General Maritime Directorat, Durres (GMD) (Albania)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre Technopolis (IEC) (Montenegro)
The project started on 15th of January 2020 and runs for three years. The purpose of the project is to establish centres of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E) in the maritime segment in Montenegro and Albania. Through the support of partners from Lithuania, Croatia and Norway, the project will establish study programs and strengthen existing study programs with curricula in I&E.
The project will contribute considerably to I&E in Croatia: BLUEWBC will give us the opportunity to rethink the directions of Croatian entrepreneurs on Adriatic coast and connect to our northern and Adriatic partners. Our complementary advantages will certainly contribute to the regional development facing growing tourism sector.